Kitchen Rendering WIP

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
grdnblak
SketchUp: 2018

Kitchen Rendering WIP

Post by grdnblak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:25 am

Hehe, this should be interesting, first time posting work on here, SCF or Kerkythea..... :?
Bit of background..
Working for a manufacturer who deal in kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, bespoke furniture, school furniture fit-outs...blah blah blah. Currently in the workplace they use autocad 2010 for drawing and navisworks for renders and flythroughs. Their trying to move into photoreal rendering to impress prospective clients compared to their usual renders (their usual renders are equivalent to the SU show with materials applied view). Biggest thing in my favour is i've used SU and Kerky for ages so know I can produce images faster and easier than anyone else in the office if given these programs and finding Twilight is even better. I also have the cost aspect in my favour, they've spent upwards of thousands on licenses whereas SU and Twilight are a fraction of the cost so if it doesn't work out then they haven't lost money. I've only be here about 5months now since being made redundant from my last job so trying to convince them to switch to SU and Kerky/Twilight might be a bit tricky.

This is a kitchen setup of theirs that they're using to try and win back some previous clients so i'm needing to try and get it pretty spot on without going over the top or spending tooo much time on it. It was rendered on setting Interior+ for 100passes (took about 9hours). If the images go well, then a rendered walkthrough is the next step. All c&c's welcome, ta :^:

ps thanks to those names i can't remember for the SU models i've taken from the warehouse
Attachments
kitchen twilight render 8hr50min.jpg
kitchen twilight render 8hr50min.jpg (369.24 KiB) Viewed 6935 times

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Re: Kitchen Rendering WIP

Post by Frederik » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:49 am

Very nice render... :^:

My immediate crit is regarding the ceiling lights... They don't look real to me at all... :|

Have you seen the Lights - render times thread I've posted...??
In that thread you can download a SU scene, where I use a spotlight component, which you can easily use for this scene... ;)

You might also get some inspiration from the Kitchen "Contest" thread, where I've explained how you can make such light components yourself, what to do and what not to... ;)

Also... Pay more attention to some of the materials in the scene...
I.e. the blender glass looks like plain mat grey plastic... The floor seem to be off scale...

:!: Remember... :!:
It's those small details that will make ALL the difference... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

grdnblak

Post by grdnblak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:51 am

i agree with the ceiling lights comment, its on my list of things to do ;) Lighting is something i've never quite mastered but i ain't one for quitting :wall: follwing your advice in the other threads i'll hopefully get closer to what i want to achieve within a reduced time frame too :) ta much!

olishea

Post by olishea » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 am

good work pal. I would work on the wood texture to the fronts because it looks like cheap MDF, maybe more shininess needed. get rid of that horrible flower haha!!

is it supposed to be evening shot? i was gonna suggest some light coming through the window..it will add interest to the reflections too.
Oli

dspace
SketchUp: 7

Post by dspace » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:50 pm

I think you should spend more time working on the problems as highlighted above.
Models, materials and lights...!
With your experience in KT and TL, you should be able to make quick changes and impress your boss or whoesever concern. ;)

grdnblak

Post by grdnblak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:57 pm

cheers for the comments and advice guys. I'll try post an updated version soon incorporating the suggestions :^: