Printing rendered Sketchup images

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
selenes

Printing rendered Sketchup images

Post by selenes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello,

I'm completely new to rendering and stuff related to it.
I have been sketching some interiors in sketchup and want to make it look more realistic with twilight render.
I use the option: 9. Interior for rendering my images, it takes a long time to load ( i never complete all of the 10000 ray tracings). And they look good on my computerscreen, but when i try to print the images it only shows a small part of my sketch. Is there any solution to this?

Kind regards.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Printing rendered Sketchup images

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 am

selenes wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 pm I'm completely new to rendering and stuff related to it.
:welcome:
selenes wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 pm ...
I use the option: 9. Interior... i never complete all of the 10000 ray tracings
All progressive render settings Easy 08 - Easy 11 are meant to be stopped by the person doing the rendering whenever they deem the rendering to be "complete". So you can obviously stop the image from rendering at any time. If you use the Fast Forward Denoise plugin for Twilight, it will eliminate the noise quickly, and will reduce render times cutting them to less than half or a third or even more (depending on scene/lighting situation).
selenes wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 pm when i try to print the images it only shows a small part of my sketch. Is there any solution to this?
Please show us what you mean, it is not clear what this means.
Please describe step - by - step your printing process.

selenes

Post by selenes » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you for your reply.

My process is: save the render by clicking save as. I usually mail the image to myself so i can view it on my phone or any device that i use. This works and the image i rendered is dully shown. But when i try to print the image there's a lot of parts missing from my image. I tried multiple printers, but got the same result. I've read something about changing DPI or something, but i don't even know what that is.

Greetings

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Please post screenshot of the printing dialog box for your printer just before you send the file to print.
The dialog should have a "scale to fit paper" check box.

You are the first person to ever ask this question, so be encouraged that the image can be printed just fine. It's just a matter of learning how to do it correctly.